Trips on the Sheltowee Trace National Recreation Trail
My favorite trail cannot be hiked too many times. The Sheltowee Trace is a great trail to learn about backpacking. It also has parts that will thrill the already-seasoned backpacker. These trips are sponsored by the Sheltowee Trace Association.
- *May 25th & 26th, 2019* 2-day group trip: Cave Run Lake: Mill Branch to Clear Creek (21 miles)
- *June 8th & 9th, 2019* 2-day beginner's group trip: Red River Gorge: Whittleton to the ST Suspension Bridge (10 miles)
- *June 29th &30th, 2019* 2-day beginner's group trip: Cave Run Lake: Caney Loop (9 miles)
- Sign up coming soon
- *July 6th & 7th, 2019* 2-day beginner's group trip: Big South Fork: Leatherwood Ford to Bandy Creek (9 miles)
- Sign up coming soon
Adventuring in Red River Gorge
I would love to offer guide services to anyone who wants to hike or backpack in the Red River Gorge area. Any experience level is welcome. Hiking and backpacking are my passions and I love showing people the beauty of the Daniel Boone National Forest. Wether you'd like me to lead your group for a weekend or just plan a trip for you on paper, it would be an honor. Services are free for now!
- 2-day group (with kids) trip day hiking and car camping: Rock Bridge Loop (1mi) , Chimney Top Rock (0.3mi), Princess Arch (0.3mi), and Natural Bridge (2mi).
- 2-day women's backpacking trip: Koomer Ridge to Bison Way via the Sheltowee Trace Trail (16mi).
- 3-day women's backpacking trip: Auxier Ridge Loop (6mi), Jailhouse Rock (2mi), and Star Gap Arch (1.5mi).
- 3-day women's backpacking trip: Tarr Ridge (2.8mi), Cloud Splitter (1mi) to Bison Way via the Sheltowee Trace Trail (7mi).
Arch hunting in the Daniel Boone National Forest
I've been arch hunting with my dad since I was a little girl. In the past few years, I've been branching out to find more obscure arches that require off-trail hiking, bush whacking, crawling under thick rhododendron, and even rappelling. I love leading trips to arches that people haven't seen before. I've got about 65 arches checked off the list of about 1,000 arches documented in the Daniel Boone. If you'd like to take a trip to an arch or two, I can be your guide.